This week has felt super long. I think part of it is because I was waiting on the PLL finale on Tuesday and then we have the Fourth of July holiday coming up. John has a week off from work and D is going to spend a week with his Nana. We are all super excited and will definitely miss our little noisemaker while he is away.
Tomorrow is the last day of June, so it’s time for my progress report and new goals for July!
- Finish cleaning out downstairs rooms
- Clean out closet
These two I plan to finish up this week while D is away.
3. Begin lesson planning for next school year.
I have had a slow start with this, but I was able to get started and am hoping that I’ll get even more done this week.
4. Star meal prepping on Sundays again.
This one has gone really well. I really enjoy washing our linens, prepping food, and just taking a gentle approach to our Sundays. It’s nice to have everything ready for a brand new week! 🙂
- Make several Goodwill trips this upcoming week as well as cleaning and organizing of each room.
I know this is a big undertaking, but I rarely have time minus D to accomplish all of these things.
2. Get our Charleston beach trip booked.
3. Begin taking yoga classes and get more information about Tai Chi classes for the family.
Since I began my new meds and am not as active now, I have been struggling with my weight. It’s not a huge thing, but I’ve gained 20 lbs much more quickly than I care to admit. I am in a mostly comfortable space in my own skin, but I just don’t feel my best. The added weight has made me more sluggish and I’m not happy about that. This is where the classes come in and pushing and encouraging myself to be more active and health conscious.
Podcast Play List
- Stuff You Missed in History Class, The Philadelphia MOVE Bombing
This was definitely a “stuff you missed in history class” moment for me. I’ve read many times in history that the south was not the only region that dealt with racial injustice and this is a great example. I was not aware of the MOVE Organization and this is partially due to the fact that it happened a year before I was born. (Let’s be real here. The other reasons are obvious. 1) Schools teach a very watered down version of history. It’s “convenient” to pretend that certain things didn’t happen, regarding: race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. 2) I’m a white woman who has had the privilege of not having to fight and proclaim my life matters because my country already recognizes that it does. There are areas that my country doesn’t recognize, but for the purpose of this post, this podcast is discussing race.) This whole situation was filled with many issues including many people losing their homes and belongings and having to deal with the aftermath which sounded like a hot mess to me. This is definitely worth a listen, especially if you have never heard of The Philadelphia MOVE organization and the bombing that took place.
2. Healthy Mamas Podcast, Using Naturopathic Medicine to Beat Hormone Imbalance & Nutrient Difficiencies
What can I say about this episode?! It was super informative and we have been using candles at night ever since. (More on that to come!) We also have amber glasses on our Amazon Wishlist. Are you wondering what I’m talking about? Listen to this episode. It covers so much material in such a short amount of time. If you listen to podcasts regularly and want healthy tips from another mom, you can do no wrong by subscribing to the Healthy Mamas podcast. It’s always super informative and leaves me with things to think about to improve our home and our lives as a whole. Good stuff!
3. Frontline, Povery, Politics, and Profit
This makes me so sick and angry! There are so many people out there that need help and this investigation by NPR and Frontline shows why they are not getting it.
- My next vacation will be this week. I’m not sure what we will do, but John will be off work and D is going to GA to spend a week with his Nana. He is so excited! We are going to miss him, but will enjoy the time of just us two and the fur babies.
- Fireworks are beautiful, but not everyone enjoys them. Please be mindful of other people and your pets. Keep them inside where they can feel safe.
- This week, I am thankful for the time that my husband and I will have together. It is so precious! <3
- Freedom is something that we can be thankful for each day. There are many things that I wish that could be done differently, but it doesn’t change the fact that I’m able to freely express these thoughts due to living in the USA. It’s a privilege that I try not to take for granted.
It’s your turn! Grab a button (optional) and link up your favorite posts below!