This is one of my favorite yearly posts that I share. I enjoy reflecting over what I’ve learned each year and areas that I need to grow. So sit back and enjoy the ride!
1) My health and well-being is paramount for my family. I must take care of me, so that I can be the best for my guys and just as important, myself.
2) I’ve become a lot more creative in the kitchen thanks to playing with various diets due to my chronic illnesses.
3) I’ll probably always have an issue with hoarding books. I have gotten better in the sense that, I try to give books to others that I think will enjoy/benefit from them.
4) Water is perfect and I should drink more of it each day.
5) Reading before bed is a much better idea than watching tv.
6) Sleep needs to be a priority.
7) I love myself and the person I’m becoming. I’m excited to “meet her” 😉
8) Compassion goes a long way with people. We all just want to feel loved.
9) White Kit Kats are actually very good, don’t let regular fool you.
10) I love my husband more now than I ever thought possible. He makes me tear up just thinking about the faith he has in me and loving me despite all of my shortcomings.
11) God’s love is even deeper than that. I can’t fathom John’s love for me, so I marvel at my Father’s love.
12) There is still a very huge hole in my heart. Little girls should have an awesome earthly daddy, but that doesn’t always happen.
13) I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to watch John be that kind of dad.
14) I miss my Paw Paw every day. I wish so much that he could’ve met D. I know that he would be so proud of him and amazed at how intelligent he is. He would also love his spirit and how he can never sit still. 😉
15) Therapy is a wonderful thing. It took me too many years to admit that I have issues that need professional help. My therapist has done wonders and I’m so grateful to have her along on this journey.
16) Taking medication is NOT the worst thing in the world. I take 1 pill every day for my anxiety and it helps me so much. It does not mean I’m weak or that I’m a “druggy.”
17) It’s not easy to relive traumatic experiences or learn how to better cope with them.
18) I now know that I can face the demons of my past and win!
19) Moana and Wonder Woman can still inspire the little girl in my heart.
20) I love Sci-Fi. More than I ever realized. It fascinates me and I need to read more works, such as Ray Bradbury.
21) I don’t want to live my life in fear. I will work towards my goals and I will face my fears.
22) I would rescue every injured animal that I could. I wish I could have an animal rescue one day!
23) Exercise is vital. Don’t skip it.
24) Decluttering makes my heart happy. I love giving things away or donating. I’m happy to not hold on to everything.
25) I’m very excited about trying a plant based diet. I’m hoping this will be the right step for me.
26) This will be my first year doing several new things before we hit 2018. I won’t stop!
27) I’m so thankful to God for the hope in my heart. I’m so much happier these days, despite the pain.
28) I wish that I realized this stuff in my 20’s.
29) I have had Moana’s “Where you are” stuck in my head for weeks.
30) I’m a dog and cat person. I’m an animal person.
31) This planet is so important to me. This election has given me pause to want to learn and help with so many issues in any way that I can.
- My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is my devotional time first thing, followed by blogging, and later teaching D.
- My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is folding clothes and washing dishes.
- I could really do without hateful people. If you can’t be loving, just don’t speak at all. It’s that simple.
- I would love to have more peace and quiet in my life, but that’s not the season I am in. I have learned to enjoy my snippets. Unless we adopt, those days will come far too soon for me.
Now it’s your turn! Link up your favorite posts and finds of the week! Also grab a button (optional!) Thanks for stopping by! What is something that would make your list? Any fill-in answers you would like to share? Sound off, below!